Armstrong and Armstrong
The firm was established in 1956 by Ian Armstrong, a former Deputy Mayor of the Takapuna City Council. Ian was joined in legal practice by his brothers Graeme and John Armstrong, and together they practiced as Armstrong and Armstrong for over 30 years.
In those days, their property development and conveyancing expertise reflected the needs of a rapidly growing North Shore City.
In 1978, the Armstrong brothers were joined in partnership by Neil Murray and John Morton. Alex Witten-Hannah joined the partnership in 1984 and Armstrong Murray was born.
The expanded firm incorporated other areas of practice including:
- Town Planning
- Business Development and Advisory
- Estates and Asset Planning.
Chris Davis joined the partnership in 1985, followed by Graeme’s son John Armstrong in 1993. By this time, John Morton and Alex Witten-Hannah had left to begin their own practices.
Karen Stubbs was appointed as a partner in 2016.
Over the last few years, our much-valued employees Jackie Cross and Andrew Reeder have each become Associates of the firm.