Putting the right structure in place to protect you and your family’s assets is important. Family Trusts are among the most effective and widely used means of Asset Protection and Estate planning.
Through a Family Trust, you can provide for your future, while at the same time giving maximum legal protection to your family.
When assets are in a Family Trust, legal ownership is transferred to the trustees which can protect important assets, such as your home, against creditors, claims under the Property (Relationships) Act or claims against your estate.
A Will is one of the most important documents you’ll prepare in your lifetime. It’s essential to work with a trusted legal advisor to ensure that you always have a valid, up-to-date Will that reflects your wishes.
It’s also important to establish an Enduring Power of Attorney with the help of a legal advisor. This allows you to appoint a trusted family member or friend to act on your behalf if you lose the ability to make important decisions about your assets and personal welfare.
At Armstrong Murray we specialise in all aspects of Estates, from Will preparation through to Family Protection Litigation.
Areas of particular expertise include:
- Preparing Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Retirement and succession planning
- Family and Commercial Trust formation and administration
- Charitable Trust formation and administration
- Drafting Wills to fit your needs
- Obtaining Probate of Wills and Grants of Administration
- Estate administration and litigation
Elder care expertise:
- Applications under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988
- Occupation Licences and Residential Care